Horticulture Volunteers (Limited positions available)
Applications received after May 15 will be kept on file for next year.
Time Commitment: April – October, Monday – Friday.
- Planting typically begins after the last frost.
- A time commitment of two shifts per month is required.
- A typical shift is 8am – 11am. However, Volunteers may begin at 7am, during the heat of the summer.
Required Skills: Interest in and knowledge of gardening is most helpful.
- Volunteers should be able to tolerate working in the sun and enjoy being outdoors during spring and summer months.
- Volunteers should be able to lift a minimum of 15 lbs.
- Volunteers should be able to stand, bend or squat for long periods of time as would be required for planting and watering.
- Volunteers should be comfortable using a shovel and pitchfork.
Interested in becoming a Zoo Volunteer? Fill out our online volunteer application and you will be contacted.