Time Commitments: Seasonal opportunity, April – October, Sunday – Saturday. Any variation from this schedule must be approved in advance by the Supervisor.
- Shifts are 10am-2pm
- April & May and September & October: One Saturday per month is required with a second weekend day of choice. On occasion, such as holiday weekends, spring break, teacher workdays, by request, etc., Play Pals may be invited to volunteer on days other than the weekends.
- June – August: One Saturday per month is required with a second day of choice (Thursday – Sunday).
Required Skills: An interest in early childhood education, outdoor/environmental education, conservation, plants, and/or animals is desirable.
- Must be between the ages of 13 and 17.
- Energy, enthusiasm and patience is a must, along with strong commitment to the importance of outdoor play
- Should enjoy interacting with children, being outdoors, exploring nature and getting dirty, and even sometimes – wet!
- Must work well independently, be trustworthy, timely and dependable
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time and be able to stoop, bend, crawl and climb.
- Tolerate temperature extremes (cool and /or windy days in the spring/fall and hot temperatures in the summer).
Training: Play Pals must complete orientation and on the job training with a staff person or intern.
Interested in becoming a Play Pal? Fill out our online application and you will be contacted.