Zoo Host Volunteers
Applications received after May 15 will be kept on file for next year.
Time Commitments: April – October.
Sunday – Saturday, with the greatest need on Saturdays.
- A time commitment of two shifts per month is required
- Shifts are 9am – 2pm
- Volunteers should possess good oral communication skills
- Volunteers should possess excellent customer service skills and enjoy working with the public
- Volunteers should be capable of walking/standing for extended periods and able to tolerate temperature extremes
- Volunteers should be comfortable helping resolve customer concerns.
Training Provided: Volunteers should complete training provided by Visitor Services which includes answers to the Zoo’s most commonly asked questions.
Zoo Host Volunteers are not trained to interpret the Zoo’s plant and animal collections.
Interested in becoming a Zoo Volunteer? Fill out our online volunteer application and you will be contacted.